A high contrast picture book – perfect for newborn eyes – takes us to a baby’s room in a quiet Lebanese village. We join baby in saying goodnight to their surroundings, using local spoken words. A modern bilingual take on a classic bedtime story.
Goodnight Habibi is a Montessori-inspired bedtime board book, designed in high contrast black and white, set in the Lebanese mountains. Words chosen are short and cute sounding, focusing on vowels and those cheeky ع، خ، and ح sounds! The art has simple and more complex shapes that babies love to stare at. I hope you like it and get a copy, save it for your next baby, and hold on to it for a few generations :)
Pair this book with the daytime tummy time book Goodmorning Bubu.
- Square format with rounded edges: 6 x 6 in
- 24 pages, board book paper 700 gsm
- Unique black & white illustrations
- Bilingual – Arabic and English, [Arabic words are also transliterated into English so that non Arab speakers could read]
- A book focused on repetition and simplicity that babies can enjoy as soon as a little nap routine is introduced
* Read a review about this book by ArabNews here